Cutting boards are indispensable tools in any kitchen. Their main function is to provide a flat and stable surface to make cuts safely and protect the tables and extend the life of the knife edges.
Wooden or plastic cutting boards?
Characteristics of a good cutting board:
For the selection of a good cutting board for food, we must take into account important things such as:
- Stability: It has to be a table that does not move when you are making the cuts.
- Easy cleaning: Choose a table that has an easy-to-clean surface.
- Size: It is essential that the table is handled well and adapts perfectly to the size of the food you are cutting.
- Safety: Verify that the material has approvals for work in contact with food.
Why use Cut-Rite plates for food cutting?
- When choosing a material for a cutting board or work table, the quality of the material must be taken into account since there are from the very basic ones, cheap but that are easily damaged, so it is better to invest in a recognized brand that offers long-term guarantees. term.
- It should be emphasized that poor quality in the material of the food cutting plates can cause premature wear of the same, detaching particles of the material in the food that can go to human consumption with the harmful effects that this suggests.
- The boards for cutting food manufactured in high-density polyethylene (HDPE) with a rough finish have been determined as the perfect configuration for this purpose since they provide as their main function a flat and stable surface on which to make a shape cut. safe, and the rough finish helps us protect and extend the life of the edges of our knives.
- The high-quality plastic boards are easily washed and sanitized and can even go into the dishwasher. As they are manufactured in HDPE, the material has excellent resistance to chemical attacks from the products used to disinfect the plates, which allows them to be washed at the request or taste of the user.
- In terms of maintenance, HDPE cutting boards can be a good ally, although it is true that wooden boards can have a better aesthetic finish, they are usually more difficult to disinfect than plastic boards, this means in the first instance, that the use of wooden planks could increase the risk of foodborne illness or food poisoning. At present, the FDA in the USA determined the illegality of using wooden boards to cut food in restaurants or any food service, due to the impossibility of guaranteeing its safety.
- But bacteria are not the only problem. There is another less serious but also harmful type of pollution: that of odors. If products with a very strong aroma are cut on the board, such as fish and then the same is done with fruits or cheeses, it is possible that the smell of the former permeates the latter, as a result, the product is less enjoyed and even, it can generate displeasure.
Do not wait more! Download the brochure and learn more about this amazing product.